7.15.2008

AMERICA


<---- okay, that was google'd...


AHOY WORLD!!! It's literally the final full week of classes, and guess how I'm spending the 2nd to last day of kanji class? In a computer lab. Writing this. *grins*


I have less than 3 weeks until I fly back to America and besides the amazing, non-Japanese friends I've made here, I don't think I'll miss Japan much. It has many amazing points, but once you've been here for a while, you quickly realize how it's just like every other country in the world and unfortunately enough, refuses to acknowledge many of its negative points. At least in America, we look around at ourselves and go, "Yeah, damn, we are kind of chubby, huh? Oh well! Bring on the TURKEY!!!" In Japan, all the girls strive to look exactly like the Photoshop'ed models in ads and are in fact succeeding at it, in a very scary, "Man, can I buy you a hamburger?" sort of way. But yeah... ENOUGH WITH MY NO NO RANTS!!!


I'm looking forward to finishing out my last few days here with a BANG.

I have no idea how that'll work, but I do know that I want to spend as much time as possible with my friends here and go out with them constantly. I'm kind of Japan'ed out, so I don't really want to travel. I mean, if my friends want to go somewhere, than I'll come with, but me planning out something intense like heading to Hokkaido or something just won't happen.


House practice officially started yesterday and was awesome! I know I need tons of practice, so I've been gradually acclimating myself to it by listening to House music for hours on end. *laughs* We have practice every week from 5.30 pm until 7.30 pm or so. Most times we stay until 8ish or so and then finally clean up, leaving 30 minutes for people to chill, chat or do some more practice on their own. All of the House-senpai are ridiculously nice and cool. They are also ridiculously patient, which gives me an incredible amount of relief as I know that I'm slow and that my body has a tendency towards the ridiculous.


Man, oh man, I'm having the time of my life adding all of these randomly Japanesey pictures to this entry of mine. EVERYBODY SHOULD DO THE SAME!!! The link is:
http://kids.nifty.com/material/index.htm


Okay, wow, adding pictures took up a lot of time because I had to master the usage and difference of [p] versus [br]. I'm good now. BACK TO LIFE!

I am officially, completely and utterly, totally tabehoudai'ed out.

No more endless amounts of meat and vegetables for me. I need my food in portions now. *smiles* I had yakiniku tabehoudai [all you can eat] with Kay on Sunday at Gut's Soul in Yoyogi for 1980yen. This is an amazing price for the amount of food we ate, that and we ordered the highest class. Prices there range from 1280yen to the 1980yen course. I really wanted to eat Korean kalbi, so that's why we pushed forward with the priciest course. You can also add nomihoudai to it for just another 1020yen. Ridiculous and delicious!

I have 5 minutes before I need to be in front of building 11 to help Kay out. So, here I vamoose off!!! I hope everybody enjoyed the ridiculous pictures. I'll upload all the crap on my laptop soon. I have an amazingly stable internet connection now... so I really have no excuses to be holding back.


Much Love,
T

No comments: