3.14.2008

母の愛はすごい:カー

Ahhh~ *blush*

My mother is ridiculous. You see, like many other women her age, she has evolved from an obsession with shoes to over priced bags. Yesterday, when I asked her if I could take her Burberry bag with me to Japan because Japanese people have this deep love of brand-name goods, she said "Sure, but I don't think it suits you well. How about we go out right now and look at some Louis Vuitton bags?"

Me: 'Kay, I need to walk around a bits anyway

At the store, I caught a glimpse of my mom's daily life without moi, and it was that she LOVED the Louis Vuitton store. To put a wrap on this story, I now have 2 Louis Vuitton Bags of my own and a wallet given to me from Madre for use in Japan. This is all so that I can blend right in with my "obsession" of all things Louis. ^___________^

I took an entire class about Japan and its place in the New World Order. We did studies and analyses of globalization and its effects on identity, community, and mental health. Awesome class, I learned loads of stuff and it made me a better, much more well rounded person.

Well, now I had some super pricy things to take with me to Nippon. All I need now is to pick me up a cellphone and a stack of handy dandy international phone cards ala Padre. Oh yeah! Me being the nerd that I am, I ordered my J-Yen from Wells-Fargo and I picked it up yesterday. That's why I was waiting all day long for Mr. Fed-Ex.

I also finally bought a most needed replacement charger for my cell phone, seeing as how I lost mine and was unable to communicate at all via keitai for like over a week. Sad, very sad.

I have this inkling that my older brother is going to seriously miss me when I am gone. I'll miss him too. I will probably miss all my family although I don't see them more often than 1 a month. The trials and tribulations of trying to be an adult. Speaking of, what does make a person an adult? It sure as hell isn't age because let's face it, I've met some 30-somethings who don't have their life together and then there are the 18-yo's that do. Is it a matter of paying taxes? Owning property? Knowing how to live alone or with others? What makes a person an adult? And, most importantly, is it worth it?

*bounce bounce bounce*

- T

No comments: