3.22.2008

明日は早すぎ:ガーン

Hmmm... this well and truly is the final stretch now. I have my suitcases completely unpacked, but I am now back in Springfield, with my family.

Today was spent waking up and relaxing with family, and then dragging said family to the oh so wonderfully sketchy SF Mall. I have everything I could possibly need for Japan. Everything and more. Now, my only task is only to whittle down my pile of "necessities" to "absolutes." My mom took one glance at my bed, loaded with clothes, and told me, "You really don't need all that. Just buy what you forget in Japan." I just kind of looked at her and she scampered away. She's even forgoing mahjong night to spend more time with me. She was all teary eyed last night, right when I got back from Charlottesville. It was just too cute.


The oh so debillitatingly wonderful pile of clothes that I want to take with me to Japan. This pile includes T-shirts, tanks, sweat shirts, sweats, jeans, shorts, sleep wear, bathing suits, dresses, dress tops, and *not shown* undergarments. ^^ I once forgot to pack and extra brassiere for a weeklong trip and was uhmmm... scrooged (?) for that lovely duration. Remember to pack'em ladies!

My suitcase all empty and sad, well, except for the gift wrapping stuff I have in the cover. The white netting like thing is a laundry bag so that I can pack my dirty clothes in something while I'm in Shinjuku for a week.

My all important pile o' books. The MSAR at the top left is essential to me picking out medical schools while abroad. Everything else is for Japan class. I'm debating on whether or not I want to pack the middle 3. They're fun but not essential. If anything, I would definitely like to pack the onomateopoeia book. It's how I get all the fun fun sounds for my blog. *REVELATION* TERESA IS NOT ALL THAT SMART!

I have to change my departure flight date soon, now that I no longer need to be in Japan until the 15th. I'll probably be joining the Ninja-3 on their flight back on the 1st, but I'm kind of straining towards the 4th because it might be a bit cheaper. Oh well, let's see what I can do. I also need to change my cellphone to a prepaid plan so that I can keep my number while abroad. I have all my medicines, toiletries, comfort goods, and entertainment for my voyage abroad. School stuff like notebooks and whatnot will be purchased whilst in Japan.

Gah. My tummy's hungry. Phillip, my delectably rolly polly brother, got furious with me for eating cookies and thus I stopped early. Bah! Brothers are stupid. You should throw rocks at them. ^^"

Oh yeah! My other brother, John, the younger one, will be in Beijing when I'm in Tokyo. He's graduating from American University on his birthday, May 11th, and then he's flying back to Beijing on the 13th. He'll be in China until August 13th or so. Insane, no? He's also going to be in Peace Corps and will likely be in Morroco.

I need to scrounge for food now. Wish me luck with sifting through my pile o' fun!

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAS

- T

2 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck! Oh, by the way, our flight is the 31st, not 1st.

Onomateopoeia book! Man, you have so many Japanese related books... I feel so underachieving now... well even more so than I did before...

Don't worry! I got my underthings together!

Let's throw rocks at our brothers sometime together! Whee!

And, I went to UVA with a friend to see people, say hi/bye and whatnot. And 'guu-kun' ended up not being able to go.

Jeannette said...

hmm, that's a lot of stuff you want to fit into your suitcase. ganbatte ne.