3.16.2008

しなきゃいけないことが多すぎ:ジタバタ

Seriously, my list of to-do is both rapidly increasing and decreasing in sucessive increments of 15 minutes. I have 9 days left until I leave for Japan, and I hate it.

Before leaving, I need to find and set up interviews with 3 professors to get my medical school recommendations in order before I vamoose. It's terrible. AMCAS opens June 1st, I'll have my application ready before then, but I have to have my recommendations in order beforehand. Gah!

What's worse is the American tradition of writing Thank You cards. I hate it. Makes me all nervous and tingly, then again, that might be the super number of cups of coffee I have running through me. Coffee = good. Teeth stains = bad.

I have so many books I want to bring with me to Japan because they'd be majorly useful, but what to bring? Me can't decide. Also, clothes, shoes, medicines, and gifts. *shudders* Now, I know why my mom was getting on my case so bad for. She's practically hopping mad. My dad's more subtle about his nervousness for me. All he does is watch me whenever I'm in the same room as if I'm about to magically disappear, which in a way, I am.

It's like a week before Japan and I still haven't looked through any kanji or bunpou. It's a serious tragedy. Then again, I have like a week in Japan to study. I highly doubt I'm going to spend everyday running around Tokyo like a little kid. I'm going to grab the Ninja-3 and force them to study with me. *wicked grin* They won't know what hit them! And, when Jeannette and Mia get to Japan, I'll wrangle them in too. Sehyun's still very much off the boat, so I can't really speak as to when I'd ever get to see him.

Let's see. When in Japan, I definitely want to get an arubaito (part-time job). I also want to boranteia (volunteer) at a hospital somehow. If possible, I'd also like to do some clinical research. Think I'll pull it off? Well, I sure hope so. I also hope to get fit as crazy but walking everywhere like I do in Charlottesville and partaking of the awesomely healthy Japanese menu. Wheeeeeeee.

Enough destressing! Time to thank the wonderful people who got me into Sophia in the first place and the others who have aided me incredibly with kind words and thoughts.

*pop pop pop*

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

Teresa,
I am sooo glad I am not the only one freaking out. haha

mia said...

me too! though reading your blog has made my stomach drop a couple of times because I'm already half way across the world and I didn't think of the things you did to bring.. haha
There's gotta be some way to know how you guys all update your pages because I definitely came back to yours to find five million more posts that would have been handy before I had left the states! :D
I'm arriving in Japan on the first- I decided the whole hostel thing wasn't worth it so.. but Please do drag me into studying because I haven't done any either !! and it's causing me to have bad dreams but I still don't want to study but i know that i have to and arghh!
haha
Good luck with the rest of your packing and stuff- see you soon!!