3.19.2008

あの...大ピンチ:ワクワク

OOOOOOOKAY
50lbs doesn't seem like much now. I have two 1/2 packed suitcases and they are super packed despite the many number of things that I have left to stuff into them. Whenever I look at my suitcase now, my head develops this acute pounding as I realize that I have to drag it through the Tokyo subway world to reach my hostel. Oh yeah, speaking of hostels, I will totally drop a detail review of Ace Inn Shinjuku here in case people ever desire to find a nice hostel to crash at.

For those who want to stalk me, my address in Tokyo is as follows:

- AS OF 4.17.08 DELETED B/C IT NEEDED TO BE -
- email me or something if you really want it...

I'll post up my cellie phone number and all that other goodness once I arrive and get my Alien Registration Card.

Here's my tenative schedule in Japan:
3/26: Arrive, go to hostel, shower, either go out or crash at the hostel and study
3/27: Go to Nerima-ku to get my Alien Registration Card, stalk the Ninja-3 and meet up with them, try to set up cell phone and bank account, study
3/28-4/1: UNPLANNED

YAY! Okay. Here a some pictures of what I have done thus far with my packing life.


hahaha. my backpack, the LV bag, and the exploding bomb that is my suitcase.

included now is my large duffel, stuffed at the moment with t-shirts and sweats.

VOILA! there's a like book-wide gap for more stuff to be jammed in.

the way i intend to identify my bag, with this obnoxious bit of ribbon and my pretty prettty piglet tag.

my jewelery and how i intend to take it with me. the box was a christmas gift from my cousin Rosanna, who's visiting me with my other cousin/her brother Danny this Spring. i want to take it with me but i just don't have enough room to pack it. *sigh*

2 comments:

natalie said...

Woah!! We have the same Eyewitness Travel Japan book! Haha, I got it for Christmas from a friend! Keeep up the packing! I'm scared to start.. all my stuff is just hanging out on the dining room table so far..

Jen said...

Hahaha thanks for your well wishes with my packing. omG though, I totally need like a line-by-line of all the items you're bringing lol. As I posted on the group blog, I evidently am freaking out a little bit...I've never done that before during packing! I totally agree with you about not buying clothes there though...I think I only bought one article of clothing there this past winter, but otherwise I realized the style there is just so...Japanese (gasp) I don't know how I managed to buy so much when I was there years ago.

Good luck tracking us down! Haha. It would probably actually work better if we go to your place, or plan somewhere to meet for lunch that 2nd day and play it by ear from then.

As for airport, since flight is a bit after 1...probably get there around 11 or a bit before? Supposed to be at least 2 hrs before international flights. And my mom's probably just gonna drop the 3 of us off...she's so used to me leaving now hahaha.

Also, I'm glad you two have a travel book, cuz I don't, and now you two can plan things for us! Woohoo! Getting super excited!

Also, are you in NoVa or Cville right now? Cuz I'll be in Cville tomorrow to Saturday afternoon...(so will Greggers)